Thursday 18 April 2013

Cyber Bullying

Yes! I have been bullied a couple of times and possibly cyber stalked.
"Current research in this field defines cyber bullying as "an aggressive intentional act or behaviour that is carried out by a group or an individual repeatedly and overtime against a victim who cannot easily defend him or herself "(Smith & Slonje 2007, p. 249)". (Wikipedia)

It is only natural that I felt embarrassed and intimidated. I didn't understand why this faceless person would want to say all those mean things to intentionally hurt me. I could have retorted but I decide to ignore it and get help instead. If this delusional human had all the time in the world to come up with mean things to say to me then okay. I will not hurl curses back. You don't expect me to run around like a headless chicken because you've failed at your own life and you're trying to cause others to feel inferior.

I take a stand against bullying in every form, whether on the internet or physically. Bullying causes you to have a lower self-esteem, distrust of people, disillusionment, loneliness and in more extreme cases, Suicide.

Never have thoughts of suicide because an envious person wants you to feel bad about yourself. You are so much better than they are. They're the ones with a problem not YOU!! My first experience in my early teens, I cried a lot, I didn't want to go back to school, I was scared and a lot of people said so many untruths about me. I still went through school stronger. Then months ago, I get cyber-bullied. I don't respond. Just so I don't want him/her to prey on someone weaker, I get him kicked off the web. I will blame myself if some poor child commits suicide just because a moron does not know what is right nor when to stop. THIS IS ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR.

Don't just stand by-Stand up! Always promote kindness. Don't get the "Its not my problem" attitude. It is your problem and it could happen to anyone at anytime. Show love. Take a stand against bullies/cyber-bullying and be safe out there.

Ekababy Xoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment