Sunday 31 March 2013

Tribute To M.A Ukpeh

Death, I'll never know what it is, I'll never understand it. I may spend all my years on earth trying to figure out why people have to lose their loved ones.
Grandma, I must have known that someday I would have to write this eulogy. I didn't think it would be this difficult. There are so many things to say but I don't know how to say them. I suddenly feel like I have writers block.
Perhaps, I thought you would live forever. The stark reality that I will never see you again in this world. I will never again say to my parents '' Nka Mbonu'' or to my cousins ''Are you coming to Mbonu?'' There will be no Mbonu to go to. It will be quite lonely without you. I can't even imagine passing on your street knowing I can not stop by because you don't live there anymore.
Everyday I have spent with you since we were babies has always been a privilege.
My Grandmother, Beautiful, Organized, Unique, Helpful, Loving, Kind, Funny,Smart, Stately, always the first to call me on my birthday. I am proud to show you off to my friends. Did I mention GORGEOUS?
Your courage and strength leaves a legacy of inspiration to all. I am inspired by the life you lived and the example you have set for us all.
NO, you are not dead, you just passed on from my world to a nicer place.Of course, I will see you again.
Thank you for all the love.
Forever in my heart,
Ekababy.

No comments:

Post a Comment